Saturday, February 18, 2023

FIRST READING INITIATIVE

Hello there, I know it’s been a while since my last post, but I don’t have much time, and not much to talk about, but today i’d like to talk about the first readin initiative of the year: the Asian March.

This initiative pretends to approach readers to Asian writters, by reading books written by Asian writters or settled in Asian countries.

Keeping all this in mind I would like to recomend some books related to this initiative.

My first recomendation would be The carriage of women by Anita Nair, a book settled in India, that tells us the stories of a group of women during a travel by train across the country.

The second recomendation would be East Wind, West Wind by Pearl S. Buck, settled in China, the novel let the reader see the contrast between Chinese cultura and Occidental cultura at the begining of the Twentieth Century.

My last recomendatin would be the book A geek in Japan by Héctor García, in its pages the author speaks about his experience living and working in Japan and the contrast between Japanese culture and Spanish culture

In this small article I just wanted to talk about this initiative and to make some recomendations related to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST READING INITIATIVE

Hello there, I know it’s been a while since my last post, but I don’t have much time, and not much to talk about, but today i’d like to talk...