Friday, September 27, 2024

THE FALL BOOKTAG

Hello there today I want to bring you this booktag I have found on Instagram (you can find the link to the original booktag here), and as I think it can be interesting I want to share my answers with you.

I hope you enjoy this content

A BOOK WITH AN ORANGE COVER.

In this point, I would like to mention the Spanish edition of Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban by J. K Rowling, in which they show Harry and Hermione with Buckbeak framed in orange.

Also, I would like to mention the books of the orange series of el barco de vapor (lit. The steam boat) which are a relative known (they are still published today) in Spain, these are children books that use a  color code (White, blue, orange and red) to show the “difficulty” of the books, this is: the extention of the texts and if they have (or not) drawings inside.

A FAVOURITE FANTASY BOOK/SERIE.

In this point I would like to poin to The Nightrunner by Lynn Flewelling, a series composed by seven books that follows the noblesmen and spies Alec and Seregil during their adventures trying to protect the kingdom where they live.

In fact, I read these books a few years ago totally by chance, mainly because I found one of them and it cought my antention and I began t oread the serie, up to now I still think that was one of the best decisions I have made related to fantasy, I did laugh non stop, mainly thanks to Seregil’s personality and some situations he puts himself into, also this is really well balance with other situantions which are quite hard to read, not because of blood spilling o similars but because are a bit hard to digest

A COZY READ.

How could I not mention The neverendind story by Michael Ende or Papyrus (El infinito en un junco by its original title) by Irene Vallejo?

As many of you would know the neverending story follows Bastian Baltasar Bux through his journey in Fantastica where he will save the Childlike Empress and her kingdom by giving her a new name.

The second one is a non fiction book that speaks about Literature and all the problems faced to preserve it from destrution.

Personally I see both books as love songs dedicated to books and literature, even more, I strongly advice you to read Papyrus  with a notebook and a pen to take note of all the books mentioned throgh its pages by its author

A BOOK YOU'RE INTIMIDATED TO START.

I would lik to mention the book Queen Victoria: twenty – four days that changed her life by Lucy Worsley.

In the case of this boo I feel a bit intimidated because this is a non fiction book, as I said on a previous post, I am not an English native speaker, and I fear that the book might be very technicall, even when I have seen some of the documentary shows the autor has shot through the years and I do  love her program BBC Lady killers with Lucy Worsley

A BOOK ON YOUR FALL TBR.

Recently I have been recomended t oread the book One hundred years of solitude by Colombian author Gabriel García Márquez, centered in the Buendía Family.

At the moment of writing this, I have not begin to read it, but I already have an idea of what I shousd expect of the autor (I read a few years ago Chronicle of a death foretold), but, when i read the book I will tell you my opinion

A SPOOKY READ.

At this poin I want to highlight the book The five: The untold lives of the women killed by Jack The Ripper by Hallie Rubenhold, a non fiction book centered in the lives of the five women oficially killed by Jack the Ripper, the book is quite good and gives a thought on why these women were living on the streets of the Victorian London and how mistreated they have been when they were killed and through the years, maybe this book isn´t a spooky book in a sense of telling us a traditional horror story, but, as I have said above, it gives goosebumps just thinking about the horrible death faced by these women and the treatment they have received, I just want to mention that in recent years I have seen youtube channels and podcast in Ivoox usingg this book as part of the biblography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HORROR AT NIGHT

  Hello there, today, as a celebration of halloween, I would like to talk about three things that, according to Japanese folklore, happend d...