Sunday, July 24, 2022

TO SLEEP IN A SEA OF STARS (CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI)

 During a routine survey mission on an uncolonized planet, xenobiologist Kira Navárez finds an alien relic that thrusts her into the wonders and nightmares of first contact. Epic space battles for the fate of humanity take her to the farthest reaches of the galaxy and, in the process, transform not only her – but the entire course of history.

THE AUTHOR: CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI

Christopher Paolini was born on 1983 in South California He has lived most of his life in Paradise Valley, Montana, with his parents and his younger sister. The Bearooth Mountains, close to the valley and snowed most part of the year, inspired the fantastic sttlement appeared for the first time in Eragon.

The last book he has published is to sleep on a sea of stars.

Christopher Paolini’s web: https://www.paolini.net/

THE BOOK

Hello there, today I bring you the review of the book to sleep ina sea of stars, in which we follow Kira Navárez, a xenobiologist on a mission on an uncolonized planet, who will become the last hope of the galaxy.

Being honest, I was a little affraid of begining the book, the edition I handle is 800 pages, so I feared it to be quite slow, but it has been a really nice surprise mainly because once Kira and her situation is presented, the action begins and it doesn’t stop until the end.

The book presents a few really well built characters, Kira and her partners at the very begining are the typicall cientist, meanwhile Salvo Falconi and his crew are good people diguised as cheeky people who will take very chance to make Money, and at the same time we can see people like Tschetter and other members of the army who just want to control Kira for their pourpouses.

On the other hand we also can find travels through space and big battles due to the firt contact with other species living on the Space, and which will fight with humans because of the colonies on new planets.

In general I have loved the book, it’s true that I like sci – fi, but in this particular case it has been a big and positive surprise.

I am so sorry because this review doesn´t make justice to the book, but my main problem is that I am not an English native speaker and it is a bit hard to make this things, I sincerely do expect that with time my writing in English will go better and become more fluent

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST READING INITIATIVE

Hello there, I know it’s been a while since my last post, but I don’t have much time, and not much to talk about, but today i’d like to talk...